Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Philip Warner writes:

> I have made the changes to pg_dump and verified that (a) it reads old
> files, (b) it handles 8 byte offsets, and (c) it dumps & seems to restore
> (at least to /dev/null).
>
> I don't have a lot of options for testing it - should I just apply the
> changes and wait for the problems, or can someone offer a bigendian machine
> and/or a 4 byte off_t machine?

Any old machine has a 4-byte off_t if you configure with
--disable-largefile.  This could be a neat way to test:  Make two
installations configured different ways and move data back and forth
between them until it changes.  ;-)

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net