DELETE command is getting blocked - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bhuvan A
Subject DELETE command is getting blocked
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I am using 7.2.

I have problem in deleting records from a particular table in my database.
Say, if the DELETE command results deleting 10 records, the command is
blocked at the end and is not returning. FYI, that table donot have any
triggers/constraints/rules on delete. I have checked whether its due to
the same table access by some other client, but it is not so. No other
process is accessing this table by that time.

Infact i am able to repeat the problem. To make sure, i wrote a plpgsql
and tried deleting these 10 records one by one in a for loop. There too it
is blocked for infinite time, after deleting the last record. what would
be the problem? Is the table corrupted?

FYI, table has a primary key which is referred from different tables.
Anyhow i have deleted records from foreign key tables, before deleting
from the primary key table.

I am lucky if i have given enough information, you required. If not please
get me back. It is quite urgent. Please..

TIA.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran