Re: [HACKERS] DROP COLUMN misbehaviour with multiple inheritance - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] DROP COLUMN misbehaviour with multiple inheritance
Date
Re: [HACKERS] DROP COLUMN misbehaviour with multiple inheritance  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera dijo:

> All right, I now have all the catalog changes on place; this is the easy
> part (is an int2 count enough?).
>
> But when actually dropping a column, the recursion cannot be done the
> way it's done now, fetching the whole inheritor tree in one pass,
> because there's no way to distinguish the direct ones that have the
> attisinherited count greater than 1 from deeper ones; it has to be done
> step by step.

Done.  I attach the patch.  It's huge because it needs to touch
pg_attribute.h, but it is relatively simple.  This passes the regression
tests and fixes the bug reported by Hannu.

Please review and apply if OK.  I didn't touch catversion.h.

"Cuando mañana llegue pelearemos segun lo que mañana exija" (Mowgli)

Attachment