Re: CLUSTER patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: CLUSTER patch
Date
Re: CLUSTER patch
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane dijo:

> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@atentus.com> writes:
> > It does indeed work.  Actually, I tried to do that before, but the fact
> > that RelationFlushBuffers requires a firstDelBlock made me turn around.
>
> firstDelBlock should be 0, not length-of-relation; as given, this code
> fails to get rid of the buffer entries!

Oh, I failed to understand completely the purpose of firstDelBlock then.

Anyway, there's still a big problem with this patch: the pg_depend
information gets messed up after CLUSTER, so a clustered table cannot be
dropped.  I don't know why is this.

As I said yesterday, I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and probably will
not fix this issue.  I can look into it when I'm back, on two weeks.

I attach a little doc patch.

"La gente vulgar solo piensa en pasar el tiempo;
el que tiene talento, en aprovecharlo"

Attachment