Re: Getting this error when I use createdb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darren Ferguson
Subject Re: Getting this error when I use createdb
Date
List pgsql-general
You do not have a database user named alexandre so the system will not
allow you to create a database using a user who does not exist.

Either create the user or createdb using a different user hich you have
already entered into the system

Usage:
  createdb [options] dbname [description]

  -D, --location=PATH             Alternative place to store the database
  -T, --template=TEMPLATE         Template database to copy
  -E, --encoding=ENCODING         Multibyte encoding for the database
  -h, --host=HOSTNAME             Database server host
  -p, --port=PORT                 Database server port
  -U, --username=USERNAME         Username to connect as
  -W, --password                  Prompt for password
  -e, --echo                      Show the query being sent to the backend
  -q, --quiet                     Don't write any messages

By default, a database with the same name as the current user is created.

Read the bottom line starting By default

If you need to change the user then use the -U parameter

HTH

Darren Ferguson

--
Darren Ferguson