Re: database size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: database size
Date
List pgsql-general
philip johnson dijo:

> Yesterday when I saw that it wasn't in tar file
> I went to cvs tree, and got thoses file
> It's seems that there are some modification in source tree
> and it's not possible to get a valid compilation
>
> people from postgresql, could you explain me how to do it
> with a source tar 7.2.1 ?

One way is to get the OID of the database in question:
SELECT oid FROM pg_database WHERE datname='<your-database>';

Then go to $DATA/base/<oid-you-just-got> and look at the size of that
directory.

There's also contrib/oid2name that you can use to look at what each file
corresponds to.

"La paz mas desventajosa es mejor que la guerra mas justa"