Re: jobs.postgresql.org - Who's interested? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darren Ferguson
Subject Re: jobs.postgresql.org - Who's interested?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Darren Ferguson wrote:
>
> > O agree with design and architecture and getting them out of the way
> > early.
>
> This just makes the rest easier. It also makes it easier to distribute the
> work.
>
> > Project managemet if you want to do it great. I will be more than happy to
> > follow a lead. If needed i can help with design and archiecture issues.
>
> I will try to do my best with the PM and I think design and architecture
> should be a more communal issue given that the people who will volunteer
> to do the work should agree with the design/architecture choices.
>
> > Another big topic what web server will we use?? Apache, Aolserver ?
>
> I was thinking Apache because it is installed at the host we currently
> have. Do you have any preference? Any advantages of Aolserver over Apache?

Aolserver is what i use now hence the TCL background because it have the
TCL built into it. There are pro's and cons for both and since Apache is
already installed we would probably be better just going with Apache. I
don't have a problem using either since i do use Apache in my spare time
:-)

Also i am going to install bash on the jobs.postgresql.org machine. I
would like it global but do not have permissions. If i can't get them then
i will just install it locally but for obvious reasons would prefer
global.

Anyone out there who may be able to either give me the permissions or has
the permissions themself

Thanks in advance

Darren Ferguson