Re: I must be blind... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: I must be blind...
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane dijo:

> "Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:
> > However, because PERFORM discards the results of a query it is only
> > useful for side effects of the query.

> Okay.  I guess the next question is whether PERFORM *should* be setting
> FOUND.  Seems like it might be a reasonable thing to do.

Well, actually FOUND _is_ a side effect of PERFORM, IMHO.  I also tried
to do the very same thing, and also had to use the dummy variable, which
seems like a waste to me.

I do not know anything about Oracle's PERFORM, though a quick search on
Google shows nothing relevant.

"La conclusion que podemos sacar de esos estudios es que
no podemos sacar ninguna conclusion de ellos" (Tanenbaum)