Re: internal voting - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: internal voting
Date
Re: internal voting  ("Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm@rice.edu>)
List pgsql-hackers
Iavor Raytchev writes:

> 3] Still - the only thing that is not clear to me is - who is going to
> collect all patches and make one whole form them. As long as each of us
> works on a different thing - this should not be a big problem, but still -
> needs to be one person.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no need to change anything.  If someone
has patches for pgaccess, send them to -patches and they will be applied.
When a new release of PostgreSQL happens, a new pgaccess will be
distributed.  Simple enough.

If and when patches for pgaccess appear in significant numbers and for
some reason, which I cannot imagine, this procedure doesn't end up being
practical, we can consider the alternatives.  But before you spend a lot
of time building a new infrastructure, let's see some code.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net