Re: Urgent :Query - Please help - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Auri Mason
Subject Re: Urgent :Query - Please help
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
yes, that file is usually located under DATA dir.
You've to restart the postmaster to enable your changes.

Auri

On 4 Apr 2002, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Sanjay,
>
> There is a file called pg_hba.conf that needs an entry in it to allow
> access into the db
>
> Dave
>

> On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 00:29, sanjay wrote:
> > Dear Sir,
> >                   I am using Linux RedHat 7.2 with jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1 and Postgresql 7.1.3. I m getting following
errorwhen I run a servlet with the database named "test" having user "nobody". I m running this servlet from one of the
clientm/c. The servlet is using jdbc connection, select some records from a table and display it.

> > "Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception: Exception:
java.sql.SQLException:No pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.1.50, user nobody, database test Stack Trace:
java.sql.SQLException:No pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.1.50, user nobody, database test at
org.postgresql.Connection.openConnection(Connection.java:170)at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:122) at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517