Re: binary data storage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GUNDUZ
Subject Re: binary data storage
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Marin,

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Marin Dimitrov wrote:

> search for "large objects" in the Programmer's Guide (
> http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/#7.2 )
>
> in your case Large Objects (chapter 2 from the Programmer's Guide) may be
> more appropriate than binary strings (chapter 3.4 from the User's Guide)

Thanks alot. Also searched php manual and wrote the following simple code:

<?
    $conn = Pg_Connect (......);
    pg_exec ($conn, "begin");
    $oid = pg_locreate ($conn);
    echo ("$oid\n");
    $handle = pg_loopen ($conn, $oid, "w");
    echo ("$handle\n");
    pg_loimport ("/etc.tar.gz");
    pg_lowrite ($handle, "/etc.tar.gz");
    pg_loclose ($handle);
    pg_exec ($conn, "commit");
?>

Ok, I can see that the data is placed under db directory... But where is
tha data kept? I mean, where is /etc.tar.gz ?

BEst regards,

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr