Re: Request for comment... - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ron Mahoney
Subject Re: Request for comment...
Date
List pgsql-admin
RedHat 7.2
PostgreSQL 7.2
Dual Pentium III, with 256MB RAM (really need 512MB as a minimum), SCSI
drives.

4 Million insert in one month and still going.

Remeber to VACUUM ANALYZE (very important for the planner).  Use the
tuning tips to tune at least shared_buffers, and sort_mem.