Re: Perl or PHP DB Access? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Holger Marzen
Subject Re: Perl or PHP DB Access?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, p s wrote:

> I did a search in the subjects for perl or php and only found one,
> asking if there was a php book . . . .  What I'm trying to find is
> either a Perl or PHP way to connect to and access a postgres database.
> If there were some simple examples somewhere I would really appreciate
> finding them.  I want to look into web based Postgres database
> applications. Thanks very much for your help. Paul

For Perl see DBI/DBD. Its a kind if a construction set. You need DBI and
then for every database a DBD. For Perl I use DBD-Pg-0.95 and DBI-1.13.

PHP is nice, too. Maybe a bit simpler for Web-Pages. PHP comes with HTML
docs. You find there a section about the postgres functions.