Re: CharSet - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Holger Marzen
Subject Re: CharSet
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Luiz Agnaldo Bernardi wrote:

> I am using Postgres, with Servlets JAVA, and TOMCAT, for the creation of
> an application in the internet. However, the information recorded in the
> table are not accepting accentuated carateres. Does some exist
> configuration so that this accepted???

What do you mean with "not accepting"?

If you have problems within psql then you probably have problems with
your shell. For a bash-shell you need a ~/.inputrc like

set input-meta on
set output-meta on
set convert-meta off

However, you should set the correct locale, for example

LANG=es_ES; export LANG

before you do the initdb, else the ORDER BY and some functions like
upper() don't behave as exspected.

--
PGP/GPG Key-ID:
http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB5A1AFE1