Re: C++ problems with RC1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Subject Re: C++ problems with RC1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød) writes:
> > The autoconf test for C++ doesn't work with standard-enforcing
> > compilers....
>
> Exactly what part of it doesn't work?  AFAICT, the first test is
> just to see if
>     #include <string>
> succeeds, and if that works then we do not try the section you seem
> to be blaming.  So it looks to me like a compiler that conforms
> to the C++-standard-of-the-month should work fine: both
> HAVE_CXX_STRING_HEADER and HAVE_NAMESPACE_STD should become set.
> What are you seeing?

I saw it failing... however, the cause for this failing was the use of
multiline literals (cc_version). The compilers warns about this being
deprecated, and autoconf thinks this means the test failed. See the other
patch I posted yesterday.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.