Re: Large Objects - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Erle Czar Mantos
Subject Re: Large Objects
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi, Morning All:
     Large objects in PostgreSQL are simply large chunks of
information which you may want to store in a database for reasons
I don't know. Example is if you want to store the actual JPEG file
in the database and not just reference it as a string and just put
it as a file in another directory. A possible reason for hiding the
actual JPEG file in a database is to hide it from your Sys Ad if those
JPEG file contains "PORNO" images (Sorry, no pun intended, it just was the
case with a friend of mine, hhehehe). Anyway, an experimental application
I know of stores geographical images as large objects in a postgresql
database. Good luck with large objects, it may sound hard but after you
get to know it, it just becomes a walk in the park.
                                                                Erle