Re: ALTER TABLE Column NOT NULL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE Column NOT NULL?
Date
List pgsql-general
El Jan 25, Gregory Wood escribio:

> Is there any way to add a NOT NULL constraint to a new field in a table,
> *without* having to dump and restore the entire thing? I suppose I could add
> a trigger (or modify an existing one), but that feels so... wrong.

ALTER TABLE table-name ADD CONSTRAINT constraint-name CHECK (column
NOTNULL);

Note that there cannot be any NULL value in the column (BTW, this is a
good candidate for better error reporting)

"Siempre hay que alimentar a los dioses, aunque la tierra este seca" (Orual)