Re: Distributions which contain postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Distributions which contain postgresql
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 3 May 2004, elein wrote:

> I'm looking for a semi-definitive list of
> os distributions which contain postgresql
> by default.
>
> RedHat, SuSE, Debian and cygwin all seem to have
> it.  Does anyone know of others, if any?

I'm assuming you mean either as a default install or as an easily
available bin or src handled by the systems package management system.  If
so, then:

Morphix supports it since it's debian.  Plus there's that Japanese live
CD based on it that includes PostgreSQL by default.
Gentoo supports/includes it.
Yellow Dog.
Fedora.
Sorcerer.
I'm certain we're missing about 100 here :-)