Re: creating sequential timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: creating sequential timestamp
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, javier garcia - CEBAS wrote:

> Hi;
> Is it possible to directly create postgres tables with a timestamp column
> with some specific interval and within a specific range.
> For example every 5 minutes and between the beginning of 1999 and the end of
> 2003?
>
> I just need this column.

Sounds like you might want to rethink your data structure.  I would
suggest using a table with these dates in it as a kind of cross tab table.
Or look in the /contrib/tablefunc directory for a crosstab function that
may make what you're trying to do easy.