Re: How can I have 2 completely seperated databases in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: How can I have 2 completely seperated databases in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Rod Taylor wrote:

> > But for seperating out applications from each other, there's really
> > nothing to be gained by putting each seperate database application into
> > it's own cluster.
>
> I believe the initial email requested individual logs, and presumably
> the ability to grant superuser access without risking a user crossing
> into another clients space.

Well, I got the feeling it was only the logs he wanted seperate, and if
that's all he wanted, then seperating will get him that, but there's a
cost, and I wanted to make sure he understood that as well.

I'm not sure he was intimating seperate super users, but I could
definitely see situations where that would be useful.