Re: Migrating 7.1.3 to 7.3.4 problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Migrating 7.1.3 to 7.3.4 problem
Date
List pgsql-general
You may need to whip out a set of RH 7.3 disks to install that OS first,
then pg 7.1.3, then you can dump that data out to 7.3.

If you have a choice, go to 7.4, it imports from 7.1.3 directly, ie.:

on the 7.4.1 machine:

pg_dumpall -h oldboxwith7.1.3|psql template1

will generally work, whereas for 7.1.3 to 7.3, you'll have to dump the
7.1.3 database with the 7.1.3 pg_dumpall, copy it to somewhere the 7.3
box can get to it and psql it into that box.  And it seems like some of
the issues I had migrating to 7.3 went away with 7.4, but I can't remember
what they were right now.  Need more donuts.