storing true/false, was: Comments on adding more connection URL parameters. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From scott.marlowe
Subject storing true/false, was: Comments on adding more connection URL parameters.
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 3 Feb 2004, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Kris,
>
> I also have a few more,
>
> one to change the behaviour for handling booleans, from inserting 't',
> 'f' to inserting '1', and '0'
>
> I think one way to deal with this on a non-connection basis is to use
> System properties, this won't work for the schema search path, but would
> work for most others.
>
> How do the other drivers handle this?

Why not store TRUE and FALSE with no ticks.  Like DEFAULT and NULL they're
keywords that mean the exact thing, not an internal representation that
might change over time.

insert into table1 (tf) values (TRUE);