Re: How can I close an org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3ConnectionPool - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: How can I close an org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3ConnectionPool
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Alex Thecate wrote:

> Hi - I would like to be able to explicity and truly close all connections in
> an org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3ConnectionPool but can find no way to do this.
>
> The pool's clients do the appropriate close() on a connection when it is no
> longer needed, which as i understand just puts that connection back into the
> pool of available connections.
>
> When the entire application itself is complete, can I explicity close the
> pool and thus really really close the connections to the database?

Jdbc3ConnectionPool is not actually a pool despite its name.  It is just a
means of creating connections which can be pooled by external code.  So
once it creates a connection it does not track it.  You are probably
looking for Jdbc3PoolingDataSource which has the desired close method.

Kris Jurka