Re: ResultSet.previous() - ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: ResultSet.previous() - ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, [ISO-8859-2] Fischer Kriszti�n wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I use PostgreSQL 7.4.1 through the shipped JDBC driver. In some
> circumstances the driver throws the following exception:
>
> [...]
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1 >= 0
>          at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:431)
>          at
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.previous(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:495)
>          at
> com.bh.server.implementation.SQLObject.previousRow(SQLObject.java:583)

Here's a sample program to demonstrate the problem.  Basically it assumes
that rs.next() won't be called after it returns false.  The same problem
is also true in reverse, calling previous and then next will show the same
issue.  I should hopefully have a patch for this later today.

Kris Jurka

Attachment