Re: SRPM (PGDG) will not build - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: SRPM (PGDG) will not build
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Hmmm.... The lines of error in question:
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-7.4/src/port'
> gcc -O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations prod -I../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o path.o
> path.c
> gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
>
> Where is 'prod' coming from after -Wmissing-declarations?  This is the source
> of the error....looking...will get back shortly.

Still not sure what the problem is but I can identify it as being tied to
being in the vserver context.  I compiled in the base/main server with no
problems.  I'll pass this along to the vserver development team to see if
it causes a light to come on.

Rod
--
  "Open Source Software - Usually you get more than you pay for..."