Re: help needed!!! - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: help needed!!!
Date
List pgsql-admin
Sure, basically, modern versions of the client library can talk to older
versions of the database backend up to a point (i.e. the 7.4 library in
beta can go back to 6.5 or 6.4 or something like that.  Support for 6.2 or
thereabouts was recently dropped.)

However, going the other way, old connect libs and newer postgresql back
end versions can result in an issue where the old lib can't connect.

the normal solution is to link to / use the newer connection libraries
that come with a late model pgsql (7.3, 7.4 etc...)