Re: - Mailing list pgsql-php

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re:
Date
Re:  ("S.P.Vimala" <vimala@ncb.ernet.in>)
List pgsql-php
Sure, you just need a constraint:

create table test (info text constraint "no blanks" check (info<>'' and info<>' ') not null);
CREATE TABLE
insert into test (info) values ('');
ERROR:  new row for relation "test" violates CHECK constraint "no blanks"

I'm not sure how to add constraints to already existing tables, so you
might wanna do this in a test table, move your data over, then rename
tables to swap in the new table.