Re: Copy Command - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Copy Command
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, James Brittle wrote:

> I was just wondering if the ability to use the Copy command is available.  I
> have read many messages regarding ways people were trying to get it working,
> which date back to 2002.
>
> Any help on how to use the Copy command specifically regarding from stdin
> would be great.  For instance is a Statement simply executed, with the Copy
> command line and the stdin data lines.

Michael Adler produced a patch that allowed the use of copy via JDBC in
February or so of this year.  My objection to it at the time was that the
frontend/backend protocol could not recover from errors and the connection
had to be aborted if anything went wrong.  With the new V3 protocol this
had been fixed, so perhaps I'll take a look at resurrecting that patch.

Kris Jurka