SQLState implementation for V3 Protocol - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject SQLState implementation for V3 Protocol
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I've added parsing of the V3 protocol's notice and error messages into its
various fields.  This replaces the current error message format of:

SERRORC42P01Mrelation "this_table_doesnt_exist" does not
existFnamespace.cL193RRangeVarGetRelid

with the correct message and allows the programmer to retrieve the
SQLState via the standard getSQLState call.

One thing that I am concerned about is that the message fields are
separated by null bytes, but what happens when we are using an encoding
that allows embedded nulls?

Kris Jurka

Attachment