Re: setFetchSize() - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: setFetchSize()
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Dmitry Tkach wrote:

> Felipe Schnack wrote:
>
> > How are patches being applied to pgsql driver? I would like to
> implement any new feature to it... but months ago I sent a patch to
> implement the "DEFAULT" keyword, introduced in pgsql 7.3. The problem
> is that the last time I checked it still wasn't on the official
> sources... and it wasn't a long time ago. > This really made me lost
> the will to help :-( >

I was under the impression that this patch was rejected, not abandoned,
but the archives are down at the moment so I can't check that.

> Same here :-(
> I have found and fixed a bunch of problems in the driver, sent some of
> them to the list, and never had any response ...
> The last one I tried is still sitting around in the resent archives
> ("Array.getArray ()" from 07/09)...
>
> So, I have decided to give up, and stop wasting my time on this. When I
> run into problems, I just patch the driver source locally, and use the
> fixed version...
> Don't see much point in sending the patches to the list anymore :-(

Please continue sending them.  Dave and Barry, the two maintainers, may
not be the fastest at getting patches in, but they do notice patches and
then get to them when they can.  I've rarely seen a patch dropped,
although the delay can be significant.

Even if the patch is not applied the beauty of open source allows other
users to apply it locally as well.

Kris Jurka