can we use PQstatus for knowing connection status - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From HK
Subject can we use PQstatus for knowing connection status
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all,
    I am using libpq for connecting from a C program to postgres
7.1.3. And i am using asyncronous query processing. Suppose i sent a query
and while processing is on, the postmaster is stopped (for simulating a pg
crash). Now if i use the PQstatus (conn) i am unable to get the actual
status. It still says the connection is OK. Then how can we detect the pg
crash.
  Is it proper to reply upon PQstatus for knowing the status of the
connection. Please can some body help me.
TIA.
--
regards,
hari