Notify postmaster crash?? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From HK
Subject Notify postmaster crash??
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all,
  I am using Postgres 7.1.3 with RH 7.2. I am a newbie to database and
Postgres.

1) I am connecting to Postmaster from a C application via libpq.
   If during the execution of the program, postmaster crashes, is there
   any way to detect that in the C program.

2) Is there anything provided for executing user defined scripts during
   postmaster bootup. The requirement is i want to raise an alarm if some
   critical table in the database got corrupted.

TIA.

--
regards,
hari