Re: Oracle to Postgresql conversion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Oracle to Postgresql conversion
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Bob prograsp wrote:

> Hallo All,
>
> Does anyone know how I can convert an application written with Oracle Portal (including Apache), Oracle packages,
procedures,functions, etc. and PSP (a mixture of
> PL/SQL and HTML).
>
> One suggestion is that the new application could access PostgreSQL from within Apache using Java Servlet pages: if
therewere any tools to convert the code, then
> that would be fine, but I expect there are not. PostgreSQL  recommend PHP, but I think with Apache we must use the
secondchoice, namely Java? Is there a chance of
> using a front-end, or is that an expensive solution? I have no  worries about PL/SQL, because there are conversion
utilitiesavailable!

If the app is written in Java already, then look at using JBoss, not
apache.  Apache in it's basic form doesn't do java.  Tomcat the jsp
engine by the apache team, can run underneath apache or can be used
underneath JBoss.

JBoss is the open source implementation of Sun's J2EE standard, and has
gotten very good reviews from the folks who use it.

http://www.jboss.org