Re: How do sqlservers work! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: How do sqlservers work!
Date
List pgsql-general
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb/

is listed as a small (100k) database written in java.

It might be a good place to look.

Unfortunately, smaller databases tend to lack a lot of the functionality
of their larger, more complex cousins.

Dates are stored in many different ways.  For instance, in postgresql you
can store them in two different ways based on how you configured the
database.  (Or is that timestamps, I think it's timestamps that can be
stored as 64 bit ints...)