Re: Q from new user about postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Q from new user about postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Richard Welty wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:06:20 -0700 (MST) "scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> wrote:
> > Yes, there is a program called pgaccess that does that:
>
> > www.pgaccess.org
>
> this leads me to a question:
>
> i upgraded my laptop to redhat 8.0, and ran up2date on top of that.
>
> the postgresql version bumped to 7.2.3-5
>
> pgaccess disappeared from my system
>
> i grabbed the stable release from www.pgaccess.org, and it doesn't work;
> the web site claims it runs against 7.3 and 7.2.1/7.2.2, so i guess i can't
> expect it to run.
>
> dbvisualizer doesn't seem to show me all my tables anymore.
>
> so just what tool does run properly against the most recent redhat rpm for
> postgresql?

Have you tried the weekly build marked from 2003-01-17?  It might address
this problem.  I've found that weekly builds from a lot of open source
projects are more stable than stable releases from many commercial
software developers.  That said, it is a snap shot, so it might not work
perfectly, but it's the best bet I can think of for now.  I think KOffice
or maybe Open Office has a database overlay thingie that can use odbc to
connect.  I haven't needed anything more advanced than psql so I've never
spent a lot of time looking at pgaccess and it's brethren...