Re: location of the configuration files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: location of the configuration files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Curt Sampson wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, scott.marlowe wrote:
>
> > Asking for everything in a directory with the name local in it to be
> > shared is kind of counter intuitive to me.
>
> Not really. If you install a particular program that doesn't come with
> the OS on one machine on your site, why would you not want to install it
> separately on all of the others?
>
> Typically, I want my favourite non-OS utilities on all machines, not
> just one. (Even if I don't use them on all machines.) Thus /usr/local is
> for site-local stuff.

Good point.  Of course, in apache, it's quite easy to use the -f switch to
pick the file you're running on.  so, with a

httpd -f /usr/local/apache/conf/`uname -a|cut -d " " -f 2`.conf

I can pick and choose the file to run.  So, yes, I would gladly use it in
a cluster, and all the files would be in one place, easy to backup.