Re: Newbee question "Types" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Newbee question "Types"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Ken Godee wrote:

> 3. Ok, this is not a type question but......
>    It seems my systems (Rh7.3) postmaster init scripts are not calling
>    the postgres users ".bashprofile", haven't had time to track
>    it down yet, but is there any problem with just setting the PG exports
>    in the system profile as I've been doing for now?

I install postgresql from a tar.gz file, and I start the postmaster with
this line on the end of my /etc/rc.d/rc.local script:

su - postgres -c 'pg_ctl start | rotatelogs $PGDATA/pglog 86400 2>1&'

Note I have rotatelogs from the apache project in the path for the
postgres super user so I can have nicely rotated logs with my postgresql.