Re: Closing inactive connections OR user connections limits - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Closing inactive connections OR user connections limits
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Medi Montaseri wrote:

> So I think you have shown that 7.2 achieves this by skiping current
> transactions....
> Thank you

You're welcome.  Having re-read my response, I realize now it sounded
harsh, and I certainly didn't mean it that way.

Usually, when a bug shows up here involving race conditions they're so
rare that I've never run into them.  And usually when Postgresql DOES make
a mistake, it's something like permanently making a tuple undeleteable or
non-vacuumable, i.e. it tends to err on the side of caution.

7.2 rocks by the way.  It's rock solid for us, and we use it for dozens
and dozens of projects where I work.  The Postgresql hackers have what I
call a "NASA space shot" mentality.  Quite refreshing in a world of
"weekend drag racer" developers.