Re: Parse error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Parse error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, [iso-2022-jp] $B%"%`%9(B wrote:

> When I run a php program connected to postgresql, I have the following
> error:
>
> "Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING "
>
> The actual code for this part that caused the error is like this:
>
> $sql = "SELECT * FROM appconf ORDER BY sort_order"; <=== This line causes
> the error.
> $result = @pg_exec($sql);
>
> Do you know what is the unexpected T_STRING error is?

Most of the time this is an untermintaed string in a prevoius line.  If
you have a color coded editor, these things are easier to spot.  If not,
you can turn on php color highlighting in your webserver for .phps files
and then just

ln -s file.php file.phps

and look at the file.phps and see the color coding.