Re: Comparing strings with non-ASCII characters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Artur Rataj
Subject Re: Comparing strings with non-ASCII characters
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> BTW, you might think about using full-text search (contrib/tsearch
> or contrib/fulltextindex) instead of pattern matching.

Thank you. I needed the ~ operator to match entries in a table being a
full text index itself. Now I use C locale and rows are sorted outside
Postgres, the index now is used with the expressions of the form
~ '^string.*', but does such expressions work correctly in C locale with
non-ASCII characters?

Regards,
Artur Rataj