Re: rotatelog / logrotate with PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yury Bokhoncovich
Subject Re: rotatelog / logrotate with PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello!

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Johnson, Shaunn wrote:

> Howdy:
>
> Running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on RedHat Linux 7.2 kernel 2.4.7.
>
> Can someone send an example of how they have the
> logrotate / rotatelog script working with PostgreSQL?
> I'm looking at a few things and I can't seem to
> get it to work.

As usually, nothing special (though we are not using vanilla RH 7.2,
just clone - ASPLinux). BTW, it is very useful to use logrotate
to do DB dumps on a regular basis. Hint.=) If there is an interest, I can
contribute the script to public.:)

> Also, is there an easy way to tell if PostgreSQL have
> been configured with "--enable-syslog"?  If I have that,

hack your pg.src.rpm, then rpm --rebuild&&rpm -U
enjoy. btw, maybe --enable-syslog is already there.

> then I can just use the syslog.conf and collect logs

Sure.

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg@center-f1.ru.