pg_dump's octal strings -> oracle data load - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Thomas Good
Subject pg_dump's octal strings -> oracle data load
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I am working on the oracle port of my pg application and my data load
script contains \012 characters generated by pg.

Anyone have any ideas on what to change these to so that:

1)  oracle doesn't barf during the load (^M causes this...   I'm loading from a -D flagged pg_dump sql script not   sql
loader)
2)  I get clean line breaks in perl generated html (^L does not   do this.)

?

Obviously <br> would do it but I'm hoping there is a better candidate
for search and replace.

Thanks!
Thomas Good                                  e-mail: tomg@sqlclinic.net
Programmer/Analyst                           phone:   (+1) 718.818.5528
Residential Services                         fax:     (+1) 718.818.5056
Behavioral Health Services, SVCMC-NY         mobile:  (+1) 917.282.7359
SQL Clinic - An Open Source Clinical Record           www.sqlclinic.net