Re: PostGres Doubt - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: PostGres Doubt
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Dann Corbit wrote:

> If you are going to completely replace the data in a table, drop the
> table, create the table, and use the bulk copy interface.

Actually, that's a bad habit to get into.  Views disappear, as do triggers
or constraints.  Better to 'truncate table' or 'delete from table'.  I
know, I had a bear of a time with a nightly drop table;create table;copy
data in script that I forgot about and built a nice new app on views.
worked fine, came in the next morning, app was down...