Re: Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steven
Subject Re: Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, mlw wrote:

I've developed a replacement for Rserv and we are planning on releasing
it as open source(ie as a contrib module).

Like Rserv its trigger based but its much more flexible.
The key adventages it has over Rserv is that it has
-Support for multiple slaves
-It Perserves transactions while doing the mirroring. Ie  If rows A,B are
originally added in the same transaction they will be mirrored in the same
transaction.

We have plans on adding filtering based on data/selective mirroring as
well. (Ie only rows with COUNTRY='Canada' go to
slave A, and  rows with COUNTRY='China' go to slave B).
But I'm not sure when I'll get to that.

Support for conflict resolution(If allow edits to be made on the slaves)
would be nice.

I hope to be able to send a tarball with the source to the pgpatches list
within the next few days.

We've been using the system operationally for a number of months and have
been happy with it.

--
Steven Singer                                       ssinger@navtechinc.com
Aircraft Performance Systems                Phone:  519-747-1170 ext 282