Re: postgresql-7.2b3-betterquote.patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Elliot Lee
Subject Re: postgresql-7.2b3-betterquote.patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> writes:
> > This patch to the python bindings adds C versions of the often-used query
> > args quoting routines, as well as support for quoting lists e.g.
> > dbc.execute("SELECT * FROM foo WHERE blah IN %s", ([1,2,3],))
>
> > Please consider incorporating this patch into postgresql 7.2,
>
> Sorry, it's far too late for feature additions to 7.2.  We can hold
> onto this for 7.3, though.
>
> Documentation additions to go with the code additions would be a useful
> thing to work on in the meantime ;-)

It's not a new feature, so there's no documentation to give - it's all
making the existing API behave as expected...

The C versions are more likely to contain bugs, but even they are not new
features (go look at the profile on any DB-intensive app and then tell me
that _quote being slow is not a bug :)

-- Elliot