Re: Pl/Tcl problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Subject Re: Pl/Tcl problem
Date
Re: Pl/Tcl problem
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind =?iso-8859-1?q?Glomsr=F8d?=) writes:
> > Nah, the problem is that the module is created like this:
> > gcc -pipe -shared -Wl,-soname,libtcl.so.0 -o pltcl.so pltcl.o -L/usr/lib -ltcl -ldl  -lieee -lm -lc
> > The pltcl.so module thus has soname libtcl.so.0. That leads to
> > problems, as the same soname is used by the tcl library.
>
> Ugh.  Is this our fault, or Tcl's?

I'm not sure. One thing which probably affects it, is that we have a
proper soname for libtcl (in addition to the nonstandard library name),
which we're trying to upstream. What I'm not sure of is where soname for
the postgresql tcl module comes from - "libtcl.so.0" is not a sane one to
use.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.