SQLCODE==-209 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John Summerfield
Subject SQLCODE==-209
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I'm using 7.2devel from CVS, and as I've already reported, the documentation doesn't build.

Consequently I'm forced to rely on documentation for 7.1.2/3 which does not mention -209, at least in the ecpg
documentationI'm looking at,

Nore does it appear in the DB2 documentation I'm using as second recourse.

The error text doesn't mean anything to me either:
Search name(/var/share/pgtest/testdata)
Error in statement 'check filename':
 sqlcaid(SQLCA   ) sqlabc(140) sqlcode(-209)  msg(NULL value without indicator in line 121.)
sqlerrp(NOT SET ) OID(%) NROWS(%)
sqlwarn() sqlext()

sql error NULL value without indicator in line 121.
pgtest@possum c$

Here is the relevant code:
        exec sql begin declare section;
        char *name = fileName;
        int  i_filesize;
        int  i_records = transactionRecords;
        exec sql end declare section;
        struct stat fileinfo;
        if (-1 == stat(name,&fileinfo))
        {
            fprintf(stderr, "Error checking file info for %s: %s\n",
                name, strerror(errno));
        }
        i_filesize=fileinfo.st_size;
        printf("name(%s), size(%d) records(%d)\n",name, i_filesize, i_records);
        exec sql insert into tsj0601_loaded_files
            (name, filesize, records)
            values (
                :name,
                :i_filesize,
                :i_records
                );

What I hope for is
a) An explanation as to what's wrong
b) Someone to ensure that it's documented, or correct the code if it should be some other number.