UTF-8 patch for PgTcl (was: Patch for pl/tcl ...) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Reinhard Max
Subject UTF-8 patch for PgTcl (was: Patch for pl/tcl ...)
Date
Re: UTF-8 patch for PgTcl (was: Patch for pl/tcl ...)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Hi,

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> FYI, I can easily back out the recently applied UTF patch.
> Just let me know.

I think Vsevolod is working on a new patch pl/tcl.

The attached patch should be sufficient to fix libpgtcl. It requires
PostgreSQL to support unicode-conversion, but retains binary
compatibility among Tcl versions.

However, it neither checks at compile time not at runtime, if support
for unicode-conversion does really exist and it doesn't prevent the
user from changing the client encoding after initialization. I think
there should be warnings about this somewhere in the documentation.

cu
    Reinhard

Attachment