Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sascha Schumann
Subject Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> * Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> [010218 22:25]:
> > Just shoot it over to the PHP folks.  Seems they are already on top if
> > it.  I don't want to work around their normal system unless necessary.
> Their stuff seems to sit forever.  I put it in the BugDB.
   The problem here is that we don't plan to release 4.0.5   during the next month.  I don't know the exact timeframe
for  the release of PostgreSQL 7.0.1, but regular releases of   PostgreSQL/PHP won't compile together for at least some
time.  That is rather frustating for the end-user and will delay the   adoption of the new PostgreSQL release.

> I have a couple of other UnixWare issues that have sort of
> languished...
   I found one report which is related to UnixWare's broken   system libraries (#8441).  I'll look into working around
that  later.  If there are others, please point me into their   direction.

   Thanks,   - Sascha