Re: Re: Secure pages - Mailing list pgsql-php

From David Olbersen
Subject Re: Re: Secure pages
Date
List pgsql-php
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Michael Fork wrote:

->not if the include file ends with a .php -- since it is in <? ?>, anybody
->acessing the file from a web browser would not be able to see it.

I misunderstood, I thought you meant that you would put that code in an included
file. Which anybody could get at. However the code being hidden doesn't change
that I could look for a cookie from your domain, see it's value, and still
create another cookie.

What you're all looking for is a *session based* authentication system. PHP does
this, and you can do it yourself if you have a database set up.

-- Dave